Shooting the shit like I did at the BCC from those couches





Saturday, June 18, 2005

Leaving The Farm

I've been working at the local Claims Center of State farm for the past month or so. All I really do is read books on various things regarding claims like cars and injuries. The shit is boring and redundant because I have already been through this with two other companies that I have interned for prior to landing at SF.

They hired about 70 people at the same time and we are all going through training at the same time. They keep us in two large training rooms with a computer for each of us. Reading these books and using these CD-Roms to get us to learn what it is we will be doing. Somehow, these mu'fuckas didn't read my resume and learn that I already know this shit! I fall asleep in there everyday. I sit next to a new-to-the-workforce house wife from the sticks who isn't very computer literate. She's always asking me questions about things I have told her how to handle before. If I was in a better mood or if she was a MILF, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Yesterday, I'm sitting at the desk and the Training Manager comes in to speak to me. She's a piece of work. tennessee bred, company woman of 25 years who really isn't the most knowledgeable insurance professional, but somehow knows how to handle people. She has a cubicle filled to the "t" with trinkets that one would get from Cracker Barrel. Its depressing and tacky to look at. But, anyways, she comes in and asks me if I would be able to relocate to another office within the company. She offers me Shreveport, LA and Baton Rouge, LA. I've been to Baton Rouge and loved it. Shreveport ain't too inteesting to me. So I told her that i would like BR. She says fine and then proceeds to tell me that around the end of August I'll be transferred to the Total Loss vehicle Claims unit there.

That'd be fine if i hadn't already registered for the 2nd Session of Summer school that starts July 5th.

I have figured that if I'm not going to be doing anything worthwhile like inspecting roofs or visiting Body Shops, I might as well earn some more credits towards my degree....

No comments: