Shooting the shit like I did at the BCC from those couches





Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Letting folks go

letting folks go
Ever see "A Bronx Tale"?I remember the scene where C is telling Sonny about how he loaned this one guy $20 and the guy hasn't repaid him yet. Sonny comes with the best advice:Don't think of it as you losing $20. Rather that you paid the guy $20 to get out of your life!!!Sometimes its bad to know that people will leave you for free. Usually in the way that they just break from future contact with you without warning. You felt nothing was wrong and you were willing to put in the work necessary to sustain a friendship on your part.

But, sometimes you realize it and then there are those times that you don't. I sometimes find myself in this same situation and I ask myself what it is I did to make them leave. Then, after some thought, I think back to what Sonny said. You're a blessed son of a bitch to not have to pay anyting to get people who aren't worth ya time(actualized or not) out of your life!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hey! Who said you could have a blog?

I'd personally prefer it if my friends left for free b/c then I wouldn't be a VCR ( that was my godfather's) and a hundred dollars lighter thanks to a former co-worker of yours.

Harold Bell said...

Still sounding bitter I see....