Shooting the shit like I did at the BCC from those couches





Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hidden meanings in songs

Getting older has its benefits. Like listening to a song that you knew the words verbatim while growing up. And then, while hearing the same song again you ca actually comprehend some of the words. The look of realization on one's face is a litle life tresaure for me!

Example #1
"In a 69 my humpty nose will tickle ya rear" - Digital Underground "The Humpty Dance"
= Like a 10 year knew what a "69" was back in 1990!!!! I'm glad I found out by my 1st year of college...

Example #2
"More Bounce To The Ounce" - Zapp featuring Roger Troutman
= The whole song. And I must concure that once I realized that they were talking about a woman's body on the dancefloor, I wholeheartedly concurred!

I realize that back with my parents' generation, inuendo was really inuendo. But, once you experienced some things, you could know 'inuendo' very fluently. Kind of like knowing what "they're upstairs moving furniture" means. Hearing these songs, and having experienced a few things, knowing these hidden meanings just makes me feel like I accomplished something.

I've grown up a bit.

No comments: