Shooting the shit like I did at the BCC from those couches





Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On: Nice guys finishing last......

I used to think that I was a nice guy. Honestly, I felt that it was my ticket into some good loving/relationship things. I was a Mam's Boy(In denial), raised in the church, never really cussed(not cursed!), and so forth. I knew how to massage body parts and listen to a person. My Momma raised me well.

But then I went to college......

The chicks that I wanted. That I listened to lament on and on about the defects of men, led me to believe that if EYE managed to not fuck up and do what it is they asked, I'd get in. WRONG!!!(c) Charlie Murphy. That shit was for the birds. For a while, I was lamenting about nice gys finishig last and blah blah blah.... but fuck the bullshit! If you are wondering where it is that you stand in a gurrl's eye, just pull ya dick out(re:show ya ass) in front of her. Let her know that you're man wuith sexual needs. Go biblical if you have to and say "Man cannot live on bread and water alone..." or quote St. Luther Vandross "I'm not meant to live alone". Start there and move forward depending on the reaction from her.

If she ain't feeling you, put ya dick back in ya pants, walk over to the next dorm room of a cutie that you know.

On the reals, to make a long rant longer, I confided in some older heads and it became known that you do not do that shit with a women unless she's trying to be with YOU. If she ain't seen the light that you are/that is EWE then you should change the subject of the conversation post haste. Let that banter go through one ear and out the other. Start guessing her bra size. Do whatever it is you can do, without listening to her ramble on and on. If she wants you, she wants you. No if and or but. She will gladly give you The Butt if she wants to.

As far as the whole nice guiys finishing last movement, here is a very good thought:

Ok, now as a general rule I don't carry water for the 'nice guys finish last' movement because its as hugely flawed as the 'all men are dogs' movement.

So, what's wrong with it? In my opinion, the absolute lack of personal responsibility involved in just blaming women. Here's the thing. If you are a guy who has been failing in love and is constantly complaining about your inability to meet women because of your 'niceness' here are a few questions.

What makes you 'nice'? Is it just that you are to passive to state a contrary opinion around a woman you like? Or that you are too scared to be upfront about whether or not you are attracted to her?

Is there any way it could possibly be you that's the problem? I'm just saying, if you look like you could be cast as The Blob in the next x-men movie and haven't taken a bath since Clinton was president maybe your 'niceness' isn't the issue.

Also, if you are walking up to women fully expecting to get shot down to the degree that it shows up in your face and body language don't be surprised when it happens. Insecurity is never cute, especially if you're the man. You might want to look into building up your confidence first. Hell, mine fails me on occasion, I just don't blame that on the women.

The second part of this issue is what women you are looking at. If you are constantly hanging around the same crowd and not getting any play you might want to consider the possibility that you should try somwhere else. If you are getting play and its always fucked up, you might want to look somewhere else. Instead of going after the cheerleaders you might want to consider the cute girl in glasses who sits across from you in lab etc. Different women like different things. Not all of them are going to 'get' you. Hell, maybe even the majority won't. But if people who like scatagories are able to find partners, chances are you'll do okay if you keep looking instead of assuming that they can't possibly exist.


Sidenote 1:
Now does this mean I don't believe that there are a large number of women whose dating preferences skew towards men they can 'fix' or 'help discover their softer sides' etc..

Nope, I'd bet money that I'm right about that phenomenon. I just choose to not involve myself with those women because they aren't looking for me anyway


Sidenote 2:
To all the 'I can't find a good man', 'men like drama', 'they all cheat' etc... women. You might want to glance through those questions too. Lord knows some of you need it

No comments: