Shooting the shit like I did at the BCC from those couches





Monday, October 10, 2005

Charm

I need to step up this aspect of my conversational skills. I used to be some what good at it. But then, I started feeling like I wasn't getting anything back as far as compliments. Even worse, those who I did give compliments to, felt as though they were entitled to even more(read: favors) from me because they mis-read the compliments as being flirtatious. Some times, the results of such complmentary spoken words led to both positive and negative misunderstandings. Which in the end fucked it up for me and led me to my "sabbatical" from being a charming practitioner of conversation.

I admit, at times I was being flirtatious. However, as being a charmer, it should be standard policy(and procedure) that one should not expect anything in return or jest once a compliment has been spoken to another party. For flirting only begins when a few compliments have been exchanged between two parties. That is the starter kit. This is where I will be beginning in my pursuit of bettering my conversational skills.

I have no problems trying to work a smile out of a woman(young and old). Even at my job, I will charm the male customers with a joke or witty observation. I've been doing it for months. But now I need to actively build up my skills to be "on point" no matter the person or arena. Ultimately, I want to be known as a wonderful and CHARMING man who has a good sense of conversation and is well-read. All this I hope will be accomplished by the time I leave CoMO!!!

No comments: