Shooting the shit like I did at the BCC from those couches





Sunday, October 16, 2005

Likka.......

"Liquor"

4th of July weekend I was at home in Chicago like always. Visiting family and friends, taking in The Taste of Chicago(The Taste) and just having fun altogether. I hook up with some friends in town and some who came in from out-of-town to do some celebrating. I hook up with my guy Sean who is in from Montgomery, AL. Dee, Monifah, and Dara who came up from ATL. My guy Eric from Richmond, VA and the rest of my Chi-town folks(Ave(ry), Terri, Donnie, Sam, Raina, Mike, Jason, IllWill, and a host of others.

We all meet up at Sam's crib in "Boys' Town". Boys' Town is the gay neighborhood on the North Side. being a South Sider, sometimes you don't know where Boys' Town is exactly. let alone where it starts/ends. For all I know, I could have been in lincoln park or Mid-town for the matter. but I saw some rainbow flags on the main thoroughfares, so i'm guessing that I was in Boys' Town. It was definately the North Side because there wasn't anywhere to park either!!! We meet at Sam's and its a nice dig. he's got 2 other roommates and they seem cool. They bounce and do their thing while everybody else in my crew files in to the spot.

Once everybody gets there, we decide to hit up this once club downtown because they will be shooting an episode of "Punk'd". Its no problem because 2 of the guys in my entourage works at this said club and have no qualms or beliefs that none of us will be rejected. Should have seen this coming as though most of us are not "beautiful people" nor are we pop culture members. Except for jason, we were all Black, hip-hop/BoHo types. Black counter culture, if you will. Most of us don't have on the proper clothes that meet most of the dress codes in any club. Mike had to run Dee to his house, to find some clothes that would come clothes to "acceptable"....

Now while all this is going on jason, breaks out his fresh new batch of weed brownies. Jason loves to please and is one hella weed smoker. two things that don't happen too often, but are great when they do! I'm asthmatic and he knows this, so he likes me to be around whenever he has his brownies because then we can get high together without the sounds of me imitating Biggie on "Ready To Die"!!! I have one. You can never have two because his shit is hella potent. I get my one and move like its nothing. Another thing about Jason's weed brownies is that you don't even taste the weed in them....

We all partake and bounce to this club. While in line we meet up again with Mike and Dee who has on this daishiki looking white shirt with an Ankh across the chest. i immediately began to think that this was used in a weddding for boho black folks. And surely enough, it was!!! We're all in line chillin and shooting the shit when we come to the realization that we ain't getting in. The club is on some "Studio 54" shit and some of us start thinking alternatively about the night's plans. Then comes the idea of hitting the strip clubs. Which looking back, seems to play a significant part of my nightlife whenever I do it big! we can't think of any that we all like(guys and girls included). So Ave comes up with the idea of just hitting a bar.

So we hit up The South Loop Club/Bar right across the street from Jones HS. Its also righ across the street from a Homeless Shelter that has panhandling bums 25/8/367. Its a sight to see folks purposely ignore the bums and folks there, because they don't want to give money. But we hit up The South Loop because, hey, its good times in that mu'fucka!!! Keep in mind that Jason's brownie has not taken effect on me yet.

So we get there. Its me, Ave, Terri, Donnie, Mike and Dara. We decide to take tequila shots. I'm a soldier. I've been hooked on tequila snce I made a trip to SoCal back in '01 with Donnie. Double shots of Jose Cuervo were done for 4 days straight while in "El "Lay"....Why stop doing that when the location changes, right? So we order to take double shots of tequila. Awww right!!!! We do one! BAM! No problems! We all some drunkards too, so we are (((FOCUSED))) on these shots. We do round number two. BAM!! No problems.

its a packed night so we take our time getting the next round ordered and delivered. All the while, after round two I'm starting to feel funny. My stomach is hella mad at me. For something i wasn't aware of. Kinda like an immature adult..... Then it hits me: my dumbass INGESTED weed and had 4 shots of likka right after. no waiting for the weed to digest or let the effects happen before I drink. Oh no....Not me! I did it pretty much back to back! So lets commence the suffering and sickness.

I begin to feel queasy. My stomach is bubbling and churning. My head is down on the table. Right in front of me is another shot of tequila. Ave is lloking at me worried. Donnie is also. They're my boys so of course they know when I ain't right. I get some energy up and head to the bathroom. I'm feeling not only sick and shit, but my ass is getting sleepy. Which is what happens whenever I take one of jason's weed brownies. I make it to the bathroom and plant myself near the toilet witing to see if I throw up. I don't and I stand there for about 15 minutes.

Nothing

I piss.

Still no throwing up.

So i head back to the table and cats is taking down another round of tequila. they also got me some cheese sticks to see if I had swalloed those to see if that would settle down my stomach. I couldn't even eat those!!! Y'all don't know how much I love cheese sticks. I just lay my head back down and rest. Attempt to rest, really. A few minutes later peeps decide that we should bounce and get me home. But they wanted to wait for that first upchuck to happen, ya know! they keep asking if I'm alright and stuff. When i get to second "notice" that I might need to make it to the bathroom, I bounce! I get to the toilet and just bawl....

Think about that one scene in "The Exorcist".

Yeah, keep thinking about it, because it took a while to get it out!

To go along with all this, the effects from the brownie are hitting me hella hard. I'm tired. I can't think. My body is slow in reacting. I lose strength to stand. Not a very good combination to have at this time. But it happens. My legs give out. I'm on the floor on my knees. Still doing my re-enactment from that movie. My mind said "Fuck it..." to my aim and to any regard to what I had on. I couldn't even control my mouth. It just stayed open while all of this is going on! but then the inconceivable happens.....

I FALL ASLEEP!!!!

What the fuck? This shit ain't never happen to me before! i usually have better control than this! but then again, how often do i partake of Jason's weed brownies? Mmmm, about as often as them ciccadas come around. So this was definatley unchartered waters for me. Here i am, on my knees in front of a toilet. Bodily fluids all over my chest and mouth. All over the toilet. And I'm out!!!!

Ave had to come and get me from the men's room and with the help of one of the bouncers drag me out to his truck. They propped me up against the wall while Terri and Mike made sure that I didn't choke or fall out(again). Ave comes thru with his truck and has me in the front seat, with my head sticking out of the window. We are zooming down Michicagn avenue at 3:30 in the morning!!! Luckily, I didn't throw up again that night. Oh man, I was literally SHIT-FACED!!

I called up Ave and Donnie just to see if my mind didn't remember any other mishaps(like fucking a fat bitch). Thank gawd, they said that it was the extent of my troubles placed on them that night.

No comments: